Shadow Health has published this Acceptable Use Policy (this "AUP") as part of its overall effort to protect our customers, the security and integrity of our Platform, and to comply with applicable laws. The AUP has been created to ensure security, reliability, and privacy of Shadow Health's systems and network (collectively, the "Platform") and the systems and networks of others and to avoid situations in which Shadow Health may incur civil or criminal liability.
The AUP describes the type of use that is prohibited. Shadow Health may in its sole discretion determine whether a use of the Platform is a violation of this AUP. To the extent Shadow Health is aware of a violation of this AUP, Shadow Health may take all necessary action that it deems appropriate to address the violation.
This AUP supplements but does not supersede any agreement a user's institution may have with Shadow Health. The user's access to the Platform and Shadow Health's Services is contingent upon his or her compliance with such institution's policies. Shadow Health may remove a user's access to the Platform and Shadow Health's Services if such user's institution notifies Shadow Health to remove that access for any reason, including without limitation that a user is in violation of its policies.
The AUP is subject to change with notice by publication on the web at https://shadowhealth.com/aup.
Your institution may maintain basic security measures for the institution's network. Shadow Health will not assume responsibility or accountability for failures or breach of institution-imposed protective measures, whether implied or actual. In addition, the Platform and Shadow Health's services (the "Services") may be used for lawful purposes only. No user may use the Platform or Services in a manner that could result in civil or criminal liability for Shadow Health.
In addition to the foregoing, the following uses are prohibited, provided that the following prohibited uses described below are guidelines and are not intended to be exhaustive:
- Compromising the integrity of the Platform. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services.
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our Platform, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the services, related systems, networks, or data
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the Platform or Services or related systems, network or data
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the Services
Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," or other automated systems to send more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser
- Going far beyond the use parameters for any given Service as described in its corresponding documentation
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage for music, videos, pornography, etc., in a way that's unrelated to the purposes for which the Services were designed
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content (including by "spoofing," "phishing," manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with Shadow Health or any third party);
- Using the Services in a manner inconsistent with your institution's academic policies;
- Using the Platform or Services to cheat, or post any information or content derived from the Platform or Services, in whole or in part, to any website, cheat site, database, network, portal or platform that may be used to cheat;
- Using the Services to violate the privacy of others, including impersonation of any other individual, the sharing of access to the Platform or Services, accessing the account of another user, publishing or posting other individual's private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other individuals' personal information (including account names or information) from our Services;
- Using our Services to stalk, harass, or post direct, specific threats of violence against others;
- Using the Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws);
- Accessing or searching any part of the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, "scraping");
- Using meta tags or any other "hidden text" including Shadow Health's or our suppliers' product names or trademarks.
- Using the Services to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam;
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Shadow Health;
- Disparaging Shadow Health or our partners, vendors, or affiliates;
- Promoting or advertising products or services.
Posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that:
- Infringes Shadow Health's or a third party's intellectual property rights, including, including without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity;
- You don't have the right to submit or share;
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic (including child pornography, which we will remove and report to law enforcement, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children), indecent, harassing, hateful;
- Encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate;
- Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition;
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials;
- Is intended to be inflammatory;
- Could, in Shadow Health's discretion, otherwise cause damage to Shadow Health or any third party;
In this AUP, the term "content" means: (1) any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, music, sound, photos, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the Services and (2) any other materials, content, or data you provide to Shadow Health or use with the Services.
All wrongful activities and violations of this AUP will be reported to faculty and staff at your institution.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, Shadow Health may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user's account or access to the Platform and Services without notice or liability if Shadow Health (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated this AUP. Violators may also be subject to civil or criminal liability under applicable law.
Refunds or credits are not issued in connection with actions taken for violation of this AUP.